I thought I’d perk up your day with a yummy baking recipe!
These are vegan. I’m not vegan, but the fact that they are vegan actually makes these super easy to make with ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen already (yay no shopping you can make them tonight!).
I actually was going to use an egg for these but realized we didn’t have any so I improvised and it turned out great!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 4 ripe bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 “egg” made of 2 tbs water, 1 tbs of your preferred oil (I used olive oil), and 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk (can use any milk, coconut works great too)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional chocolate chips!
These are the perfect little treat to have on the go for breakfast or to satisfy your sweet tooth for dessert.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mash your 4 bananas
- Add in all of your wet ingredients: “egg,” milk, vanilla, and mix with a wooden spoon
- Mix in the dry ingredients: baking soda, cinnamon, flour, chocolate chips
- Grease your muffin tray (avoid liners for less waste :))
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to portion out your batter into each muffin slot
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through
- Sit patiently as your mouth waters at the smell of your muffins (that cinnamon tho)
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes
These little muffins are 123 calories each and the most comforting & satisfying treat! Save them in an air-tight container for the rest of the week. Microwave for 20 seconds before consumption for optimal happiness.
Do you like learning new recipes?! Let me know!